Our client is an award-winning manufacturer of innovative, high-specification, products for use in critical environments. Starting from humble beginnings they are now an established and a significant part of the supply chain for a variety of exciting industries
* Support the Finance Director to manage all finance and accounting operations across the company
* Report to the Finance Director with timely monthly financial statements
* Assist the Finance Director in presenting reports to management team and board
The responsibilities of the Finance Controller will include:
* Ensure all accounting operations including Invoicing, Credit Control, Supplier Invoicing and Supplier Payments are kept to an agreed schedule.
* Performance monitoring and reporting (both financial and non-financial metrics)
* Assist in the development of financial policies, systems, processes and controls,
* Assist in the management of the forecasting and business planning processes
* Improving cost centre analysis, reporting and control processes. Carrying out ad hoc reviews, identification of cost reduction opportunities and recommendations for implementation of reduction programmes
* Support the Finance Director in the management of cash, working capital and optimisation of operational cash flow
* Assisting with the managing and negotiating contracts with key suppliers (this will include wider procurement management and monitoring responsibilities), including insurance brokers
* Assisting in optimising activity cost structures in the organisation
* Driving efficiencies in the organisation while meeting stakeholder requirements. The efficiencies will not be limited to financials but will be expected to ultimately benefit service and product delivery.
* Strong IT skills (Excel, ERP Accounting Systems
* Accounts to Trial Balance, P&L and Balance Sheet
* Be able to effectively contribute across a wide range of disciplines to support future success
* Excellent communication skills and with the ability to various communication styles, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels within and outside the business
* A strong team player
* Will ideally be working towards The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) or have equivalent experience.
* 5 years plus of overall combined accounting and finance experience
* A wide knowledge of the manufacturing industry
* Being a key member of a team that drives change/improvements
* Calm, but an authoritative team player
* Ability to act impartially and win the confidence of the people worked with
* A self-motivated and independent thinker
* Outgoing and influential disposition
* A strong commercial and operational background is also highly desirable
Additional qualifications in a relevant area are desirable but not essential
Hours of Work:8am to 5pm, Mon-Thurs. 8am to 4pm Fri.
Training will be given as part of continuing professional development (CPD) (CIMA)
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…