Are you a Legal Secretary looking to join a leading practice in Tunbridge Wells. Must have knowledge in court of protection/conveyancing processes. Our client is looking someone with experience in either conveyancing or knowledge of court of protection.
The practice provides first rate services across a full range of legal practice areas to both local and national clients and is recognised as one of the premier regional law firms.
The firm is organised into eight practice areas: Private Client, Corporate & Commercial, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Clinical Negligence & Personal Injury, Commercial Property, Residential Conveyancing and Family.
Values and Culture The firm takes pride in nurturing staff who are both conscientious and capable and who enjoy the positive working environment and opportunities for advancement provided by the firm.
The service which They provide for their clients is focused on delivering legal solutions in a straightforward and accessible way. This is reflected in the culture of the firm which allows and expects staff to take responsibility for their work within a framework of mutual support from all areas of the firm.
They are looking for the right candidate with a strong sense of direction and ambition, where the management of the firm has a clear sense of direction in what is a continually changing legal landscape.
The role – which is Tunbridge Wells based – will involve providing secretarial assistance to fee earners within the department. The job holder will have legal secretary experience ideally within residential conveyance.
– Main function of job to provide secretarial services to fee earners within the team.
– To ensure the smooth flow of documents and correspondence in and out of the Department.
– To word process all necessary documents from hand-written notes or by transcribing recorded dictation.
– Scan, email and fax correspondence and documents as required Undertake file management including opening and closing files, photocopying and filing all relevant documents. –
– Maintain stationary and other supplies and provide refreshments
– Answer the telephone, handling calls and if necessary routing calls and taking messages. Managing Fee Earners diaries, organising internal and external meetings.
– Support other members of the team in the performance of their duties It is expected that, in accordance with business needs, you will provide support to other secretaries in the department or across the firm by picking up work or covering at times when your work load is light or if one of your usual fee earners is away from the office for whatever reason or at times of urgent business need.
– Any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
Specialist Skills Required:
– Excellent IT skills in particular Word. Excel would also be useful, as would experience in working with a Practice Management System.
– Strong telephone skills
– Interest in legal matters and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
– A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach. Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
– Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time and priorities. LIVE 8943794-1 Clear speaking and writing.
– Good grasp of the English language – spelling, punctuation and sentence construction. –
– Enjoy contact with others, good social skills including tact, patience, understanding and persuasiveness. Smart appearance.
– Qualifications/education required Good standard of general education Numerate and literate – Good IT skills and aptitude Experience as a legal secretary.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…