Transport Planner / Allocator
We are working with a leading and growing business based on the Isle of Sheppey who are seeking a Transport Planner / Allocator to join their close-knit and friendly team.
This is a very fast-paced but rewarding role. It requires someone with great mental dexterity, a strong commercial focus, someone who can prioritise and thrives on pressure.
As the Transport Planner/ Allocator your duties will include, but not be limited to:
* Managing the drivers and a fleet of car transporters, building loads of vehicles destined for similar geographic destinations and ensuring backload opportunities are maximised
* Ensure the vehicles are planned maximising and utilising the fleet efficiently, maximising load income and reducing empty transporters to within deadlines and customer requirements
* Ensure work is shared evenly between drivers as far as possible, considering the working time directive requirements, etc.
* Use sub contractor’s as allowed to source backloads for drivers to maximise efficiency
* Planning routes to allow the best fuel efficiency
* Conduct driver briefing and de-briefings as appropriate
* Communicating with other colleagues to ensure a free flow of relevant information
* To work with the Commercial Team to develop an understanding of customer requirements and movement forecasts
* To work with the Finance Team to ensure all work carried out is charged at the correct rate
* Ensure load, collection and delivery data and movement pricing is accurately entered into our computer system, producing reports as required
* Customer service, office admin and any ad hoc office duties.
You will ideally have experience in a similar Transport role utilising the following skills:
* Have good understanding of the automotive transport industry
* Have a good understanding of the laws regarding driver’s hours and the working time directive
* Have a fundamental understanding of route planning and truck optimisation
* Be able to communicate to both external and internal parties
* Good UK based geographical knowledge
* High level of mental dexterity
* Able to prioritise
* Strives on pressure and new challenges
* Good at problem-solving
* Good customer service/communication skills
Strong commercial knowledge – Keen to maximise revenue for the business
* IT Skills – have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
Monday – Friday
7.30/8.00am – 4.30/5.00pm
On-call rota also in place
Are you a Transport Planner. Allocator looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join an international company? Apply now!
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…