Purchase Ledger Clerk
Our client is a contractor with offices across the South East. They are looking for a full-time Purchase Ledger Clerk with experience of Sage to join their office near Maidstone.
You will be working within a small group accounts team reporting to the Accounts Manager.
The individual must have prior experience in this role to be able to take on all duties immediately with limited training required.
This is a full-time role, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm and they would like someone to join them ASAP.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you would be responsible for the whole purchase ledger process from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. You would be required to provide a professional and efficient service providing accurate information to the Accounts Manager and internal stakeholders.
– Maintaining the Purchase Ledger using SAGE Accounting Software
– Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
– Ensuring that bank account reconciliations are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
– Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
– Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
– Process employee expense receipts
– Reconciling and processing Company credit card statements
– Maintain document filing system.
– Being the first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
– Liaise with correct line managers for invoice authorisation where required
– Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
– Previous experience in a stand-alone purchase ledger role.
– Experience in a manufacturing, engineering, construction business would be beneficial
– Excellent working knowledge of SAGE is essential
– Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner and professional attitude
– Highly computer literate – competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
– Knowledge of Joblogic would be preferred, but training will be given
– AAT qualified or equivalent
– Good written skills
– Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines with accuracy and efficiency when required
– Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritise workload effectively and also to work as part of a team
– Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
Please send your CV to be considered for the role
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…