Our client, a large employer in East Kent, require a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be responsible for maintaining the strategic and daily operational plans for a robust maintenance program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work under the guidance and instruction of the duty Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanical Engineer.
* Adhere to the daily inspections regime in a timely, safe manner, ensuring all mechanical equipment experiences minimum downtime.
* Report on all mechanical faults, defects etc and carry out necessary adjustments and repairs as instructed in a timely manner.
* Actively respond to downtime calls while on-duty
* Ensure all equipment are maintained to the highest levels of safety in accordance with H&S Policies. Carries out preventative maintenance, reporting any causes for concern/future
maintenance issues, which could lead to potential problems and down time.
* In conjunction with the Technical Services Team, maintain the workshops various areas, machinery and plant. To build a stock of spare parts which may involve some workshop fabrication, with the aim of achieving the <2% down time goal.
* Understand and interpret technical drawings, schedules, technical specifications and schematics and actively improve proficiency and comprehensive understanding of equipment.
* Assist in the creation and upkeep of statutory H&S records under the guidance of the Senior Electrical Engineer (in such areas as COSHH, LOLER, and Working at Heights etc).
Essential · A recognised qualification in mechanical engineering.
Attention to detail· Ability & willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice.· Organised, methodical and able to work to deadlines and targets.· Prepared to work cohesively as part of team.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…