Our client are a key, South East event venue with several destination dining offers and numerous bars. The business is both B2B and B2C.
You will be analytical and diligent, someone who thrives in a fast moving environment, has
strong organisational skills and attention to detail. This role isn’t just about producing the
numbers – it is about analysing the performance of the business and using that analysis to
help drive the key decisions in the business and, ultimately, the future success of the business.
You must have accounting knowledge and experience of working in the leisure sector would
be an advantage, but having a positive attitude and the personality to fit in with the current culture.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsibility for all accounting transactions including:
* Income recognition
* Banking transactions and reconciliations
* All journal posting (GL corrections, month end and payroll)
* Maintenance of the fixed asset schedule
* Prepayments and accruals Balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of the payment runs
* Handling & reconciliation of Petty Cash
* Raising sales invoices for group bookings
Reporting and analysis
* Production of the daily/weekly/monthly reporting of yields and spends per head
* Delivery of financial analysis relating to key events
* Interpretation of financial/KPI reporting and analysis to drive the optimum business
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Overseeing the Purchase Ledger Administrator and supporting as required.
* Maintenance of Chart of Accounts
* Processing of customer refunds
* Ad hoc project work
Person Specification Essential
* Experience of working in a similar role
* Great attention to detail
* Able to communicate financial information to the broader business in an engaging way,
* Tenacious and intuitive
* Experience in working in high profile, high-pressure commercial environment
* Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise workloads efficiently
* Experience of a recognised accounting package
* Use of Microsoft Excel at a competent level (eg. Intermediate – Pivot Tables &
* Ability to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal or written English.
* Absolute discretion with sensitive financial information.
* Organised, methodical and able to work to deadlines and targets.
* Strong self-motivation and drive with demonstrable initiative.
* Prepared to work outside of office hours when necessary.
* An interest in leisure/culture/arts sectors
* Experience of working in a similar sector
* Experience of Sage 50
* Practice trained
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…