I am recruiting for an experienced Field based Mechanical Service Engineer that lives within North East London or Crawley areas.
My client is a global leader in its industry who started from humble beginnings in the early 1900’s.
The role of Field Service Engineer is a full time permanent position. Approximately 43 – 48 hours per week. Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday (according to requirement)
Field Service Engineer responsibilities –
– You will be required to drive a mobile equipment repair van between retail sites on a daily basis
– You will be required to repair various retail equipment at different locations throughout the region. You will do this working from your van at Customers sites. The repair work may involve fitting and stripping components, straightening, welding and testing. Full training is provided for all activities.
– You will undertake completion of end of job reports, timesheets and any other documentation required, ensuring that you provide timely and accurate information on work activities.
– You will ensure all your work is to the standard agreed at the completion of your training.
– You will use a company Smartphone to record all work activities and complete jobs raised by the Service Office.
Dependent on individual, you will do infield training for 4 – 6 weeks.
For this role, you as an individual must:
– Live within the Crawley and/or North East London areas
– Be punctual, reliable and flexible
– Customer focused, friendly and able to liaise fully with Customers at site
– MIG Welding experience desirable though not essential as full training is given
– Previous experience in mobile service desirable though not essential
– Hold a full UK driving licence with minimal to no endorsements (foreign driving licence applicants will be considered, however the applicant will need to change to a UK licence within 90 days from their start date, at their own cost)
£2.04/hr location premium if living within M25 orbital.
Lunch breaks are paid additional (totaling the 48 hours). Overtime is available at 1.5x for above the 48hrs, however this must be agreed in advance with Line Manager.
In addition to those excellent benefits you will also receive:
– Fully equipped company van (Merc Vito or VW Transporter) with a fuel card and all tools provided
– Annual bonus scheme (providing the UK Group reach target turnover and margin)
– Nest Pension
– 16 days holiday (plus 7 days Bank Holidays)
– Touchpoint Benefit Scheme
To be considered for this position please submit an up to date CV along with up to date contact details.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…