Are you a qualified accountant looking for that next opportunity to really become a part of a growing organisation? Do you have experience both managing personnel and financial aspects on a managerial level?
Our client, who have been established over 30 years are looking for a Finance Manager to join their growing, diverse team. In this role, you will have a key role in managing the day to day finances of the business as well as supporting the growth strategy with business case appraisals and scenario modelling. You would be a decision maker in the business and would be responsible for the day to day responsibility for the financials thus ensuring the future success of the business.
Ideally, you would have a background in Food or Fresh Produce, but you must be a ‘hands-on’ and commercial astute Finance Manager…. This must be proven in your experience. We are keen to speak with candidates with a committed attitude and can really become a part of the organisation.
The Financial Manager will be expected to do the following: –
– Ownership of the day-to-day finances, including full responsibility for AP/AR/CC as well as VAT and corporation tax returns;
– Delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting with additional commentary to provide
business insight and support revenue growth and cost control;
Taking a proactive approach to the development and design of the board packs to provide
performance analysis internally;
– Continually improving systems and processes to ensure accurate reporting in a timely manner;
– Preparation of the budgeting and forecasting process;
– Assisting with analysis of new revenue streams and modelling business cases to support the
– Shareholder reporting and analysis as required.
– Set-up internal controls / corporate governance and safeguard the shareholders
– Management of the Administration team
– Establish a robust KPI and metrics to manage the business
– Manage the working capital and cash flow.
– Manage the external audit
Competencies & Qualifications:-
– You would be qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
– Have a demonstrable background in a similar position
– Possess all-round finance skills, including financial reporting & management reporting at month end
– Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to notice errors and investigate where appropriate
– Be able to easily ascertain ways in which to implement savings for the business
– Be comfortable working across all areas of finance
– Show a proactive approach to working in a changing environment and developing processes where necessary
– Have a background and interest in the fruit industry with a strong commercial understanding of how the industry operates (This is not essential)
– Demonstrate strong modelling skills with a background in business case appraisal work
– Possess excellent communication skills and a proven track record of working within a team and with senior management.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…