Our clients are an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer focused industry. They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local sourcing with a focus on quality. They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
To promote and facilitate agronomic best practice, planning and metrics in order that grower members may become the most technically competent, profitable and aware in the UK industry, and specifically to:
* Promote and facilitate the aims of the Company Advisory Service
* Manage Agronomic Services across the region and ensure professional integrity of the regional team and quality of delivered advice. Ensure that where defined by the Agronomy Manger standard operating procedures are implemented and maintained. Support Regional Agronomists in any areas where ‘trouble shooting’ is necessary
* Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with all crops produced by the growers.
* Provide an effective liaison between Technical, Sales Teams and Growers
* Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member prior to the commencement of each season. To discuss, plan and facilitate;
* Crop planning and strategy
* Performance and production benchmarking
* Crop production planning
* Crop husbandry recommendations to achieve ‘Best Practice’
* Supporting research programmes
Assist with delivering training to ‘Trainee Agronomists’ and ‘Agronomists’ through a structured programme as defined by the Agronomy Manager
Liaise with trials sites and Pest Monitoring teams to ensure information is generated and shared freely between all departments and that the companies’ common aims are achieved
Identify and assist with the adoption of new techniques, varieties and technologies through attendance of conferences and networking with technical personnel, researchers and partners (especially DEMEA agronomy and research teams)
– Production of ‘Best Management Practice’ documentation
– Contribute fortnightly technical notes for inclusion in a regular in house bulletin, covering the most relevant current cultural topics for crops, highlighting particular areas of attention in that relevant period
– To devise, plan organise and facilitate training events, meetings, farm walks and any other such events held to support and expand members (and their staff’s) knowledge and understanding
– Support and advise the introduction of beneficial new varieties. Assisting in selecting most suitable varieties for the site, soil and production systems, and to ensure that the best agronomic practices for each of the new varieties are being acted upon and implemented
– Attend and participate in Benchmarking programmes and demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of financial performance
– Provide information and crop production related material for circulation to members via the company Extranet website.
Participate in annual Technical and Agronomy conferences where required or relevant to communicate specific information
1. Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
2. Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
3. Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
5. Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
6. Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries and Be able to manage and motivate individuals to work and cooperate as a team
7.Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
8. Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
9.Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
10 Very good organisational skills
11.Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
* BASIS and FACTS qualifications essential.
* UK (or equivalent) Driving Licence
* Good level of written and spoken English Language
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…