Accounts Manager (Practice)
West Malling – Office based full time
Full time – Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week across 5 days
We are working with a small but growing practice near West Malling who are looking to expand due to increased work load.
They have a very varied client based from HNW clients to sole traders, across all sectors. The company are a general practice with a strong focus on tax, so it is essential this person has good all-round skills in this sector.
The company have a very low attrition rate, with many members of staff staying for 15+ years. This is due to the culture and welcoming nature of the MD.
The post will report to the Senior Accounts Manager and will be responsible for providing high quality accountancy and tax advice to the practice’s clients through correspondence, telephone, and email. Duties will also include assisting with the management and training of an accounts junior.
* Developing strong relationships with, and providing a primary point of contact for clients on a daily basis for accountancy and tax queries.
* A sound knowledge of book keeping/double entry systems and journal entry.
* Processing of quarterly VAT returns, management accounts, year-end accounts and account reconciliations.
* Assisting with the tax return compliance process – collating, preparing, submitting and reviewing individual and company tax returns for final preparation and submission of accounts.
* Dealing with Inland Revenue and Company House queries.
* Attending meeting with clients.
* Providing analysis and forecast financial reporting; such as advising of potential issues, trends and improvements.
* Assisting Senior Accounts Manager with client documentation workflow to ensure all deadline dates are met.
*CCH Job Management.
* Assisting with the management and training of the Accounts Junior.
* Hold either ACCA or ACA qualification.
*Working understanding of corporation and personal tax.
*Experience in a practice in recent years
* Knowledge of different accounting packages i.e. Sage, CCH, Quickbooks, Xero.
*Have own transport as client visits will be essential
*Experience managing/training a junior would be beneficial
* Use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Good organisational abilities including prioritising workloads to deal with multiple tasks and deadlines.
* The ability to deliver high quality documents.
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
What’s in it for you
Circa £35-40K DOE
Study package for CTA if required.
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Christmas shutdown 23rd December – January
Hours are 8.45am – 4.45pm
For a suitable individual and an understandable reason, they may be able to flex these hours ever so slightly.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…