Accounts Payable Officer – Part Time
We are looking for an experienced Account Payable Officer to join an established company on a part time basis (27-30 hours per week). They are a close knit team so we are looking for someone hardworking with a fun and friendly attitude to join them..
To process supplier invoices to the accounts payable system, ensuring that the relevant documentation is accurate to internal control procedures and complete to enable timely payment to creditors.
* The authorisation of invoices.
a)Matching invoices to a valid purchase order and goods received note
b)Resolving price queries with buyers.
c)Resolving receipt and proof of delivery issues with site managers.
* The reconciliation of supplier statements to authorised invoices.
a)Preparing a monthly suppliers reconciliation statement
b)Raising monthly payment for the amount to be paid to each supplier.
c)Presenting the payment, statement and supporting documentation to the cheque signatory for approval.
* Responsible for the maintenance of overdue accounts and to resolve outstanding issues with suppliers and the buying department via phone and email.
* Shared responsibility for the filing of documents held within the AP area.
* Working within a small team, you will be responsible for various suppliers and you may be required to cover other areas.
* All orders, invoices and payments are processed through the core accounting systems. All statements are on Excel spreadsheets. So good systems exposure is important.
* You need to be highly organised
* Be a team player and work well with a close knit small team but in a larger company
* High level of numeracy
* Good communication skills
* Knowledge of the construction industry would be beneficial but not essential
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…