Accountant / Experienced Bookkeeper
Tunbridge Wells – Permanent
Part Time – Two days per week
Are you a Part-Qualified Accountant / Experienced Bookkeeper looking for a part time position for two days per week? A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a small but well-established, family run business as a Part-Qualified Accountant. This company is based near Tunbridge Wells and are considered industry experts with over a centuries worth of industry knowledge handed down.
Your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with industry experts.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Ensuring that all day-to-day financial matters of the organisation are performed to a high standard
* Strategic support to the Directors and Accountant
* Cash Book Reconciliation
* Monthly P&L Accounts
* Managing Sales and Purchase Ledger (invoices and cash)
* Credit Control
* Production of invoices (Goods + VAT)
* Creation of Contracts Ledger (Retentions ledger is managed by on of the Directors but knowledge of these is preferred)
* Payroll for approx. 15 employees
* General office Administration; bookings MOT’s, downloading drivers’ smartcards, maintenance of vehicle test dates etc
This job is ideal for a part-qualified Accountant looking for part-time work. This role would suit a professional and committed candidate looking for a down-to-earth working environment.
* Accountancy or AAT qualification
* Extensive experience working in a similar position
* Previous experience working within the Construction or Engineering industry is an advantage.
* Knowledge, an understanding or willingness to learn Reverse VAT Returns.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to provide additional support as and when required
The successful candidate would work 2 days per week, ideally Tuesday and Wednesday although flexible (expect not a Friday).
Email your CV today to Jane Hardy at KHR-Recruitment Specialists to be considered for this role – if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume you have not been successful.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…