Network Administrator / Technician
Competitive basic salary + attractive benefits package
KHR is currently assisting a leading National FMCG business based near Maidstone who is looking to hire an experienced Network Administrator / Technician to join their small, yet established IT team.
If you are currently working as a Network Administrator with an understanding of Microsoft Windows Server (2012 R2 onwards), Active Directory, DHCP and DNS, Routers and switching (CISCO & Dell), then this could be the ideal next step for you.
The key requirements of the Systems Analyst will be to administer all network systems (hardware & software) including deployment, configuration,procurement, monitoring, maintenance of systems, troubleshooting – fault finding and resolution of network infrastructure related issues, and assisting in the maintenance of the networks security and integrity.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
– Backup of systems and ensure recovery of data meets our RTOs and RPOs
– Establish network specifications by establishing user, access and security requirements, designing networks, including interface configuration and routing protocols
– Maintain network by evaluating performance issues; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
– Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
– Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
– Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support
– Provide 2nd-line support to end users
– Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
– Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
– Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
– Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work
– Liaise with third party support companies
– Develop and test new technologies
– Documentation kept up to date
– Investigate, recommend, and install enhancements that optimise network availability
– Provide weekend/evening support on an (approximately) eight-week rota basis
– Other ad hoc duties as required
Technical Skills Profile
– Microsoft Windows server (2012 R2 onwards)
– Active Directory
– Group policy
– DHCP and DNS
– Microsoft Windows 10
– Microsoft 365
– Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
– Dell servers
– SANs (Dell Compellent)
– Routers & switching (Cisco & Dell)
– Wireless Access Points (Ruckus)
– Power Management (Eaton)
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, however you must have a willingness to work occasional unsocial hours when required.
For more information, or to be considered please submit your application for review.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…