Front-End Web Developer (WordPress)
Due to many exciting new project wins our client is on the hunt for a talented front-end WordPress Developer.
The company is a small but growing company who have been operating for nearly 25 years. They are based in a rural setting surrounded by scenic views in North Kent. They are a friendly and approachable team who enjoy socialising. With extremely low attrition in the company they have built a positive reputation for themselves in the industry.
We are looking for an individual who can tackle all stages of web development – from discussing client needs, planning and design, through to build and deployment of each project.
As well as a competitive salary they also offer a yearly training budget, personalised development plans, numerous social events throughout the year and pizza Friday once a month.
Skills and experience required:
● Willingness to work in a fast-paced working environment
● The ability to code designs supplied by our design studio, from flat design
files, usually created with Photoshop or Figma
● An excellent understanding of current accessibility and usability guidelines
● Expert knowledge of creating custom WordPress themes using Advanced
Custom Fields and WooCommerce
● 3 years’ experience of WordPress
● Experience with GIT
● Ability to produce clean, smart, cross-browser compatible code that can work
across multiple devices
● Good communication skills and the ability to work closely with others
● The ability to work on own initiative within a busy environment
● MySQL experience
● Very strong attention to detail – pixel perfection required
● Able to work independently and be self-motivated
● Driver and have own car (no public transport available near the office)
Other skills that would be advantageous but not necessary:
● Experience with Sketch/Figma Design Tools
● Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator experience
● Skills in XML, AJAX, jQuery
This role is a full-time position. They do offer remote working but they would ideally like the individual to be office based 2-3 times a week once everyone is back to office based working.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.00. Position is available immediately and is a permanent role.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…