Do you have a background in Agriculture, Farming, Agronomy, as an Agronomist or in Horticulture and Cultivation? A full-time Senior Agronomist is required to promote and facilitate agronomic best practice!
We are seeking an experienced Agronomist to enable the business to achieve the highest growing and production standards
Your main responsibilities will be:
– Manage Agronomic Services across the region and ensure the professional integrity of the regional team and quality of delivered advice.
– Ensure that where defined by the Agronomy Manager standard operating procedures are implemented and maintained.
– Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with all crops produced by the company.
– Provide an effective liaison between the Technical, Sales Teams and Growers of the company.
– Delivering training to ‘Trainee Agronomists’ and ‘Agronomists’ through a structured programme as defined by the Agronomy Manager and liaise with trials sites and Pest Monitoring teams to ensure information is generated and shared freely between all departments.
– Production of ‘Best Management Practice’ documentation, contribute fortnightly technical notes for inclusion in a regular in-house bulletin, covering the most relevant current cultural topics for crops, highlighting particular areas of attention in that relevant period.
– To devise, plan to organise and facilitate training events, meetings, farm walks and any other such events held to support and expand members (and their staff’s) knowledge and understanding, support and advise the introduction of beneficial new varieties.
– Assisting in selecting most suitable varieties for the site, soil and production systems, and to ensure that the best agronomic practices for each of the new varieties are being acted upon and implemented.
– Attend and participate in company Benchmarking programmes and demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of financial performance
– Participate in annual Technical and Agronomy conferences where required or relevant to communicate specific information
– A professional candidate with well-developed personal and written communication, very good organisational skills including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees, and well-developed leadership and management skills, creativity and the ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate.
– Also the ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries and be able to manage and motivate individuals to work and cooperate as a team.
Essential experience and skills:
– BASIS and FACTS qualifications
– UK (or equivalent) Driving Licence
– Good level of written and spoken English.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…