Monday – Friday 39.5 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:30, Fridays 08:30-17:00)
Reporting directly to the Head of Back Office
We are working with a leading specialist financial services provider with offices globally who are keen to employ an experienced Payments Officer to work fully remotely on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the Payments Officer you will be responsible for daily payments processing and ad hoc duties, including processing client money transactions, identifying client money issues whenever they arise and maintaining meticulous records.
* Responsible for all Back Office duties related to payments, ensuring all payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner, complying with all procedures
* Complete new account opening and customer due diligence, ensuring AML due diligence checks are carried out in accordance with policy and procedures
* Complete daily monitoring of bank accounts and allocation of incoming funds
* Collate information for audit work, including balances and bank account data
* Complete prepaid currency card programmes, including setting up new business, responding to card queries, and loading and unloading card balances
* Investigate and report suspicious activity to the Head of Compliance and MLRO
* Actively seek to improve processes and workflows, provide solutions to operational problems and suggest improvements
* Support the identification, management and resolution of service affecting incidents, promptly highlighting to the Head of Back Office
* Assist in the creation, review and update of procedures with the wider team on a regular basis
* Prioritise workflow to ensure all cut-off times are strictly achieved
* Collaborate with Treasury to support the daily liquidity management process
* Ensure telephone calls and emails are responded to in a prompt, precise and professional manner
* Work effectively within the Back Office team to maximise potential and deliver results
* Deal with general stakeholder enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, including queries on past payments and client queries
* Complete other duties relevant to the role as requested by the Head of Back Office
* 1+ years’ proven experience in a similar payments role
* Multi-currency exposure
* Knowledge of domestic and international payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework, working knowledge of AML procedures, and understanding of reconciliation processes and statement reporting
* Demonstrate strong analytical skills, alongside advanced problem-solving
* Be able to build trusting and collaborative relationships across the Business and with external suppliers
* Confident to work on their own with limited guidance due to current home-working situation
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels
* Demonstrate strong IT skills, including Internet and email, computers, word processing, and spreadsheets
* Demonstrate strong time management with the ability to work across multiple projects effectively
To be considered please apply today.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…