Customs Clearance Administrator
Offices in Tenterden, Kent
Monday – Friday 37.5hpw
KHR are working with a rapidly growing international business based in Tenterden who specialise in providing critical services for well-known High Street names. Continued and planned growth means the business have multiple opportunities for Customs individuals of all levels to join their team.
If you are looking for an exciting and diversified role merging elements of administration, customs, and customer relations where no two days are the same then this is the opportunity for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
– Handling of customs formalities
– Processing customs declarations
– Drawing up dossier instructions for the handling of import/export transactions
– Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the Senior Team
– Compliance checks on Customs classification, Customs Valuation for Duty and VAT
– Presenting customs documents to HMRC
– Maintaining records of customs formalities in the appropriate software package system
– Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities
– Experience using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems) would be advantageous
– Experience in a similar customs / import / export focused position
– Knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent time management, planning, and organisation skills
– Competitive Salary
– Benefits including – 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), and additional 5 ‘Duvet Days’ paid leave to be taken to cover sickness or sporadic days off, statutory pension scheme, free on-site parking, numerous social events – Large summer and Christmas parties, training and progression.
– Remote working options are available for the right person
If you would like to be considered please apply today; alternatively for more information please contact Hannah Collis at KHR Recruitment.
£18,000pa – £25,000pa (Depending on experience) + Pension, Holiday, Free on-site parking, and Full training.
For more information please call Hannah at KHR Recruitment on 01622822805
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…