Salary: £27,000/pa – £35,000/pa (dep on exp)
Hours: 9.00am – 17.00pm
We are looking for a confident, outgoing and technically competent Underwriter to join a well-respected, successful and fast expanding insurance brokerage in Jersey. This is an excellent opportunity not just to change your current position, but also to change your work life balance! While commercial insurance remains the same, a change in your way of life awaits!
This career opportunity is based in Jersey which means you are never too far away from the coastline! Not only that, with the most sun in the UK, low tax and known for having the warmest average temperatures, this is surely an opportunity not to miss.
* To assist the underwriting, sales and marketing operation of the company.
* To underwrite all classes of insurance products introduced via UK regulated insurance brokers.
* To develop and manage Insurer and Lloyd broker relationships.
* To assist with the construction of the marketing plan for business, including seeking new business opportunities in line with the company objective and targets.
* Assisting to maintain and achieve growth in income from existing brokers.
* To develop and manage broker relationships in accordance with company procedures, including potential broker and trade shows.
* Undertake regular business development communication with the UK based brokers, via telephone and by electronic means to increase sales.
* Conduct research on brokers to identify potential sources of new business income.
* Assist with creating sales presentations and providing guidance and support to brokers.
* Must have substantial commercial underwriting experience, minimum of 5 years.
* You will be a technical referral point internally for the existing team of four underwriters.
* CII certification or Diploma in Insurance would be desirable.
If this opportunity sounds of any interest, please either call Jane at KHR on 01892 708 704 or email your CV and Cover Letter
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…