This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified construction professional with a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification experience, and at least 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager / Employer’s Agent managing construction projects at a mid-level in one or more of the following sectors.
⮚ Retail, Commercial, Distribution, and Residential / Mixed Use sectors.
Experience and skills required are as follows:
A good knowledge of the development process from the inception of the project through to the successful delivery of the construction phase.
* A track record for managing and delivering small-medium sized construction projects.
* Excellent technical knowledge, possessing the core skills and knowledge expected of a mid-level project manager and necessary to manage and lead construction projects successfully.
* A Self-motivated and committed construction professional with the high operating standards expected of a competent and professional project manager.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
* Must be able to demonstrate commitment, energy, drive, and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects / client accounts.
* Demonstrates a good understanding and use of key PM management tools including- ⮚ MS or similar Programming Systems and software
⮚ MS Word and Excel Project Progress Reporting and tracking
⮚ MS PowerPoint or similar Project Presentation systems and software
⮚ Risk Management processes
* Has a good knowledge of JCT and similar forms of building contracts and demonstrates competence in the implementation of the role of the EA / CA.
* Is able to interrogate and monitor project costs and take necessary steps to realise opportunities and mitigate cost overspend risks.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
* Is able to work to and meet agreed deadlines, plans accordingly and communicates any deviation to agreed dates in a timely manner.
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
* Is able to work with Clients at all levels and establish long-term relationships built on trust and confidence in delivery.
* A good team leader generating clear direction, confidence, and clarity of project goals and objectives in the team.
* Conducts business with the integrity and professionalism expected of a project management professional. * A demonstrated desire to succeed and increase knowledge and expertise.
* Is prepared to work as a team for the common good of the company.
* Degree level and ideally membership of a professional body eg. MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB, RIBA, Prince Practitioner.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…