Project Manager (Construction)
Field-based covering areas in the South East
££ – Competitive base salary plus fantastic benefits
KHR is working with a leading Construction Consultancy, that due to an increase in workload and new clients coming on board, are in need of experienced Project Managers of all levels.
This is an exceptional, yet rare, opportunity to join a leading national business that is highly recognised in the industry on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Project Manager, you will spend your time on site overseeing and managing a variety of projects across the South East. You will join a team of highly experienced individuals and will be assigned projects that are within the closest proximity to where you reside.
As the Project Manager you will meet all or a majority of the following criteria:
* Be a qualified construction professional with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, and at least 5 years experience as a Project Manager managing construction projects in one or more of the following sectors; Retail, Commercial, Distribution and Residential / Mixed Use sectors
* Have a good knowledge of the development process from inception of the project through to the successful delivery of the construction phase
* Have a track record for managing and delivering small-medium sized construction projects
* Have excellent technical knowledge, possessing the core skills and knowledge expected of a mid-high level Project Manager and necessary to manage and lead construction projects successfully
* Be a self-motivated and a committed construction professional with the high operating standards expected of a competent and professional project manager
* Must be able to demonstrate commitment, energy, drive and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects / client accounts.
* Demonstrates a good understanding and use of key PM management tools including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Project Progress Reporting and tracking and Risk Management processes
* Have a good knowledge of JCT and similar forms of building contracts and demonstrate competence in the implementation of the role of the EA / CA
* Be able to interrogate and monitor project costs and take necessary steps to realise opportunities and mitigate cost overspend risks
* Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Possess organisational, planning and time management skills
* Be able to work to and meet agreed deadlines, plans accordingly and communicates any deviation to agreed dates in a timely manner
* Have strong influencing and negotiating skills
* Be able to work with Clients at all levels and establish long term relationships built on trust and confidence in delivery
* Be a good team leader generating clear direction, confidence and clarity of project goals and objectives in the team
* Conducts business with the integrity and professionalism expected of a project management professional
Additionally, it is advantageous to hold a relevant Degree and membership of a professional body (MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB, RIBA, Prince Practitioner)
It is essential that you hold a Full UK Driving Licence and are willing to travel to client site.
For more information and to be considered please apply today.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…