Production Copy Controller & Design Executive
We are currently working with a leading Kent-based media/publishing company.
Due to ongoing growth, they are currently seeking a Production Copy Controller & Design Executive to join their team based in Ashford.
The role requires excellent time management and organisation, good interpersonal skills and would appeal to a University graduate with design skills wanting to start a career in publishing.
Reporting to (and working closely with) the Production & Design Manager, you will be part of a busy production and design department within a close and dedicated team.
Responsibilities – You will look after the copy chasing and ensure deadlines are met working within the time frames set by your Manager. Working across a portfolio of magazines and digital assets, you should be able to manage multiple projects from outset to completion with an eye for detail and meeting set deadlines.
* Work with a production team assisting the Production & Design Manager to ensure all copy is chased and all deadlines are met for a busy sales house.
* Liaise with clients to chase advertising copy, by phone and email and update database.
* Check advertising copy thoroughly.
* Proof and check pages before going to press.
* Ensure schedules are managed and met, accommodating changes to schedules if necessary.
* Work within a small but dynamic team to produce magazines from outset to completion.
* Have an excellent telephone manner.
Candidate Profile –
* Excellent English written and verbal skills
* Must be able to work in a highly-pressurised, fast paced environment
* Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
* Experience with Indesign and Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
* Knowledge of both Macs and PCs
* Ability to prioritise, organise workload, manage multiple tasks and problem solve concurrently
* Ability to stay calm under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business that can offer ongoing development and career progression. Hours for this role are Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and Friday 9am – 4pm
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…