Customs Clearance / Import Manager
£25,000-30,000pa + Benefits including on-site free parking
KHR are currently working with an established Freight Forwarding service provider based in Rochester that, due to growth and current Brexit changes, are looking to recruit a Customs Clearance / Import Manager
If you have previous experience in freight forwarding or customs clearance with exposure to import/export and supervisory experience then this may be the ideal role for you.
Operating from their site in Rochester, this role offers a competitive basic salary and progression opportunities.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
– Support and train the team. Have input in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid; you may also be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients
– Make payments, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties
– Liaising with customers and clients
– Entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and Data Freight
– Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported
– Attend meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate
– Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine
– Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported goods
– Previous experience in managing a team, preferably within a customs/freight forwarding environment
– An understanding on Brexit compliance
– Solid communication skills
– Computer literate – customs software preferred
– Previous experience working in freight forwards, transport, logistics environment
Monday to Friday 9am to 17:30pm
£25k – £30k (depending on experience) + Benefits including holiday allowance, pension contribution and on-site free parking.
To be considered please apply today; alternatively please contact Hannah Collis on 01622822805
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…