Our client is a construction company specialising in commercial and agricultural buildings.
They are looking to employ an individual who is prepared to undertake multiple tasks and responsibilities and be determined to help continue the superb level of growth that this company has recently undergone and be comfortable working on both commercial and agricultural estimates.
To assist the Contracts Manager with the following duties;
Procurement and Estimating
* Preparation of estimates and tender quotations from a first principles perspective.
* Undertaking take offs, compiling bill of quantities and schedule of rates to produce competitive tenders.
* Preparing specifications and enquiries for material, plant and sub-contract procurement.
* Updating of Tender registers and formulating reports to monitor our Key Performance indicator’s
* Preparation of tender submission letters
* Client tender visits and follow up calls
* Preparing documents and information for site teams
* Ensuring tender data base prices lists are up to date in relation to labour, plant and materials
* Attend pre-& post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
* Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
* Ability to undertake site measurements when required
* Assist in gathering information for preparation of compensation events / variations
Health and Safety
* Role model and ensure team members demonstrate the core values and understand the impact of maintaining them for the benefit of the whole group.
* Customer Focus
* Integrity & Trust
* Time Management
* Timely Decision Making
* Problem Solving
* Decision Quality
* Motivating Others
* Drive for Results
* Priority Setting
Training will be provided by mentoring and external training to reach the required standards:
* Good understanding of H&S, Risk Assessments and Environmental Legislation
* Full clean driving license
* Computer literacy, experience in “Causeway” or similar estimating packages
* Technical skills in organising, planning and prioritising.
* Excellent communication skills, creative drive and Team player
* To create relationships with clients, customers, supply chain and internal departments, to understand their expectations and then deliver
* Experience in Civil Engineering Estimating, to be able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of systems, procedures, reporting and enforce their implementation
* Understanding of different method of measurements
* Use of “Causeway” for estimating, budgeting and Cash flow forecasts
Salary£35,000 to £45,000
Monday to Friday – 8.00am to 5.00pm
This a fantastic opportunity to join a company that can offer both progression and training, whose success will not only benefit themselves but the whole company.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…