Updated: Wed, Jul 11, 2018 2:55 PM
Accounts Assistant (Property/Business Rates)
An exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, busy, team as an Accounts Assistant processing business rates demands for clients – ensuring payments are made efficiently and correctly. Experience in the property sector and knowledge of business rates is beneficial to be able to fulfil this role.
* Processing business rates demands into bespoke software.
* Verifying that the balance charged matches the expected value
* Resolving queries with councils
* Actively chasing monies due back to clients from councils
* Reconciling refunds received against payments made
* Ensuring that clients only pay the balances due when due.
Skills and qualifications
* Experience in the property space and a solid understanding of business rates.
* Accounts Payable experience essential
* Must be numerate and have an eye for detail
* Good communication skills, both in writing and on the telephone
* Experience of using computer-based accounting systems
* Good spreadsheet (Excel) and IT skills
* A total commitment to client service
* Part-qualification e.g. AAT is desirable
* Ability to work with large volumes, and working to deadlines.
* Knowledge of Business Rates an advantage, a willingness to learn is essential
* Well organised, methodical and conscientious; capable of using initiative and common sense.
* Strong attention to detail
* Works well under pressure and to deadlines
* Capable of working in a small team
* Able to deal with people at all levels with tact and diplomacy
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…