Updated: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 3:43 PM
Do you have a genuine interest in the biology of invertebrate pest’s Do you want the opportunity to spend 12 weeks working for a leading fresh produce provider?
This leading supplier of fresh produce are currently looking to recruit a Agronomy Support Technician to assist them on a 12 week contract.
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of pest identification and have a full UK licence and access to their own vehicle, as travel to numerous farms is a large part of the job.
Responsibilities as an Agronomy Support Technician:
– Placing monitoring traps on grower farms and servicing these traps at agreed intervals
– Identifying, recording and reporting trap catches
– Carrying out sampling work for a range of invertebrate pests
– Carrying out sampling work for our developing disease monitoring programme
– Carrying out sampling and monitoring work for our crop development and physiology programme
– Reporting findings in a time sensitive manner
– Ensuring that all the necessary materials are available, and carried as stock in order to complete these tasks
– Undertake trials and development tasks as required
– Effectively managing your own time, diary and work priorities
The ideal candidate will have:
– A strong appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
– An interest in biology and the ability to quickly learn pest identification and lifecycles following appropriate training
– A capacity for working alone, under your own initiative and at remote locations
– A proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
– Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
– Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
– A full driving licence and confidence with distance driving to reach some farms
Monday to Friday – 40hpw
Compete pay rate and benefits
If you feel this opportunity could suit you please contact Vicky at KHR Recruitment on 01622 822810.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…