Updated: Thu, Jul 12, 2018 5:23 PM
Are you looking for a role within an organisation with good room for progression, someone who acknowledges hard work and reward accordingly. Have you worked in a similar role or within a large retailer in either the fruit or fresh produce industry?
Our client are one of the UK’s leading organisations in their industry are now looking for a Buyer Support Assistant to assist within the head office of one of their major distributors.
The purpose of this role is to provide day-to-day support to the Fresh Produce Buying team, providing administrative and analytical support. Based at their Headquarters in Bracknell, this role will be working on soft fruit and cherries and the retail and merchandising plans and strategy behind them.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a mature, disciplined approach with the ability to work without immediate supervision, A strong and confident, yet easy going character with the ability to hold their own in a competitive environment.
This role requires an organised work ethic with the ability to accept pressure without reacting adversely, coupled with the ability to be able to work in a structured environment where it is important to follow rules and regulations. Motivation, ownership and commitment are a prerequisite to work within this fast moving and dynamic buying area.
Also required are –
Strong verbal and written communication skills
High standard of numeracy
Exceptional statistical analysis skills
Excellent PC skills and proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel is essential
1. Line Set Up and Maintenance – Input of new lines into PIC & PCW systems, with maintenance of existing lines on a weekly basis. Requirement to work with other departments to ensure delivery of changes such as Commercial Operations and Retail.
2. Coordinates aspects of the category to ensure uniformity across the category. For example packaging, labelling and marketing materials.
3. Sampling Process – Support delivery of samples across internal departments to ensure efficient use of time and resource for sampling.
4. System Maintenance – To maintaining all data within buying team’s systems (prices, promotions, packaging etc), investigating any mismatches and coordinating queries from the supplier performance management team.
5. Branch Communications – Deal with branch queries, actively communicate to branches via bulletins & Google platforms. Seek feedback on improvement ideas for suppliers. Coordinate suppliers to generate information and delivery a plan of communication through the year to branches.
6. Promotional Administrations and Analysis – Processing new promotions and gondola end spreadsheets, carry out full analysis of past and future activity and present back with recommendations.
7. Performance Analysis – To conduct analysis of category average rate of sale, waste, markdowns, promotions and discounts. Specific reviews on the impact of launches change in store distribution, promotions and other influences with recommendations, including weather and event management. Work with forecasting to assess ranging cluster performance.
8. Waste Reduction – Actively work to reduce waste and markdowns by analysing branch performance in detail, liaising with specific branches if necessary.
9. On Shelf Availability – Work with branches and supply base to drive improved on shelf availability, encouraging improvement plans to be shared and trialled before rolling out across the estate.
10. Supplier Ambassador – Whilst respecting the laws relating to confidentiality of information, represent supplying partners within the department, acting in accordance with the rules, values and policies that exist within the working environment.
11. Service – Interacts with relevant departments to ensure awareness of customer requirements, actively identifying methods of improvement.
12. Marketing – support all aspects of the marketing of the category. For example organisation of samples for PR and photo shoots, collection of supporting product information from suppliers for marketing content and support delivery of dot com specific plans.
13. Project Work – e.g. Free standing Chiller Unit. As required with Buyer and suppliers.
14. Ensure all work processes are compliant within GSCOP , JLP audit compliance and Competition Law guidelines.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…