Updated: Thu, May 12, 2022 9:48 AM
Role: Utilities Team Leader / Plant Manager
Salary: £50,000pa – £55,000pa
My client, an international leading manufacturing company based in Snodland is looking for an experienced Utilities Team Leader to lead the day to day operation and control of the Utilities team and all related fields.
Within this role you will be responsible for a number of duties including monitoring health and safety, minimising accident frequency and controlling all of the mill’s workload.
The role also includes maximising labour utilisation and efficiency ensuring that:
Relevant training and development programmes are established for the Utilities Team.
When the Mill is running resources are fully utilised and maintenance work is actioned.
During ‘Planned Shuts’, labour is directed smoothly maintaining an effective flow of work.
Employee communications and debrief sessions are maintained on a timely basis.
Times given for the completion of jobs are both reasonable and challenging.
All the appropriate information is fed back to the Planned Maintenance System.
Planned absences are managed in accordance with the company handbook and ensure adequate cover at all times.
To ensure the performance of the Team is managed by means of workplace discussions/Appraisal to ensure that training and development needs are identified and actioned.
That all work orders and PMs are filled in correctly by both the employees and contractors and that they are returned for data input and filing.
That absenteeism and timekeeping standards are met and ensure break times are taken in accordance with company rules.
You will need:
– Attention to detail.
– Ability to organise and prioritise workloads, and meet deadlines and targets.
– Ability to analyse problems and action solutions.
– Responds positively to the challenge of developing new systems of work to support a diverse Team.
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Previous Technical Engineering role, preferably with CHP Plant
– Supervisory Management Experience
– Previous experience in a process-driven environment
– Contractor Control experience
– Knowledge of Health and Safety standards related to CHP
– Knowledge of performing RA and compiling SSoWs
– A commitment to self-development and a willingness to encourage others
– Able to work on the cola ROTA
– Manage the team of 2-day operators
– 1 in 4 call rota
– Organising plant outages
– Managing the contractors
– Run the powerplant safely and efficiently alongside the Utility Manager within the legal parameters
– Sound operations and energy background in a powerplant or engineering environment
– Environmental reporting experience would be beneficial
– Degree preferable
– 5 years of experience in the Engineering / Powerplant Industry (CHP, Open Cycle, Biomass Energy production)
– Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
– Familiarity with Environmental related topics
– Computer and systems literate
– Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally
– Ability to deal in a professional manner with Contractors and other staff
– Ability to apply technical and supervisory skills to deliver a quality service
– Experience in the creation of SOPs
Interested? Apply now and one of our recruiters will be in contact!
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…