Updated: Thu, Jul 12, 2018 2:02 PM
Our clients are a leading manufacturer of specialist metals. They are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth due to increased demand for their unique products.
They require a CNC Setter / Operator to join their team.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Setting and operating a CNC sliding head lathe to produce small, medium a large size batches of work in a timely manner
* Inspecting work to Engineering drawings using standard measurement equipment and reporting quality defects to the production supervisor
* Daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks on machines, including maintaining good housekeeping standards and reporting any issues promptly to the onsite maintenance team
* Optimising efficiencies through reduced set-up and cycle times, plus tool life monitoring
* Deburring, cleaning, final inspection and completion of shop floor paperwork
* Adhering to Health and Safety procedures
Essential Qualities include:
* Practical, hands on experience setting and operating multi-spindle, multi-axis CNC sliding head lathes, with a minimum of 3 axis
* Experience of Star SR-20R type lathe a benefit
* Experience within a low batch component manufacturing industry
* Previous experience in cycle time reduction, and tool management and optimisation
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
Salary: £25k – £32k depending on experience
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00. Overtime available
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…