Updated: Tue, May 03, 2022 4:19 PM
Data Protection Officer
Hybrid working with offices based in Kent
Extremely competitive salary
Benefits include 25 days holiday, Pension contribution double matched by the employer, Life assurance, Income protection, Health and Well-being package, Discount vouchers, Flexible working hours, and continued Personal and Career Development.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading and progressive housing service provider as their Data Protection Officer.
The Data Protection and Policy Officer will lead and take responsibility for compliance with data protection legislation and a culture of privacy by design and default. Responsibility for delivering government consultation responses and helping the business understand the impact of regulatory changes.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Appointed Data Protection Officer incorporating all statutory obligations set out in Article 39 of the UK GDPR.
– Lead, develop and review data protection documentation including relevant policies, privacy notices, data sharing agreements, and data protection impact assessments to safeguard the business
– Report compliance with legislation to relevant audiences for monitoring and accountability purposes
– Lead as an expert for data protection providing advice and training and ensuring the business is kept up to date on changes. Act as the lead contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office and key audits and lead on any investigations, outcomes, and/or recommendations to mitigate risks
– Collaborate across the organisation to ensure data processing activities meet legislative requirements including reviewing and developing operational systems and processes
– Lead for investigating, responding, and implementing actions and outcomes on data protection breaches. Oversight of all rights requests. Lead on data protection impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments
– Responsible for responding to Government consultations. Understand the external policy, legislative and regulatory environments and apply knowledge to support the business to manage the impact
– 100% data protection compliance on SARs and breaches
– Deliver successful audit outcome on data protection
– No regulatory enforcement from Information Commissioners Officer
– Demonstrate compliance with consumer standards regulatory requirements and other relevant legislation
– Adherence to project and business improvement methodology
– Experience in analysing and interpreting legislation including a detailed understanding of current data protection rules and regulations
– Demonstrable skills in analysing and interpreting legislation to support policy decision making
– Good oral and written communication skills across all audiences, including the ability to engage colleagues and present information in a form accessible to the audience
– Experience in managing multiple, complex tasks in a pressured environment to deliver to deadlines and priority
– Demonstrable analytical skills and experience in using sound judgment for decision making
– Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity to determine appropriate action
– Experienced at establishing effective relationships with colleagues and third parties to enhance services
– Self-managed learner and ability to support the learning and understanding of
– Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Excel. Confident in learning and maximising the use of in-house bespoke systems
– Experience in writing policies and corporate documents
– Relevant Data Protection qualification – desirable, not essential
To be considered please apply; alternatively for more information please contact Hannah Collis at KHR Recruitment.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…