Updated: Thu, Mar 19, 2020 12:11 PM
Are you an Electronics Design Engineer who can produce world-class designs for manufacture? Do you have exposure to or experience of military-grade product design?
We are looking for an Electronic Design Engineer with experience for a growing manufacturing company in Rochester. You must be able to work accurately to short time scales and have proactive communication skills. Our client is looking for someone keen to take on a new challenge, with a goal-oriented work ethic, and an understanding of electronics design including schematics and BoM.
Duties of the role include:
– Producing designs in line with customer expectations and international standards
– Increasing your knowledge and awareness of component evolution, industry best practice, safety and environmental legislation, and the technical requirements of the company’s market and customer base.
– Liaising with production, purchasing, sales & marketing, and the managing director to ensure good design for production
– Liaising with Quality Assurance to ensure continual improvement in keeping with ISO9001:2015
– Product design, modification and approval with regards to EMC and safety approval
– Meeting with customers to understand and define their requirements
– Proposing technical solutions and providing pre and post-sales tech support
This role would suit someone who is used to working in a busy and dynamic team environment. This role will be based at our client site in Rochester and so you must be able to reliably commute to this location.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Knowledge of military-grade product design
– Proven experience of Electronic hardware design
– Proven capability of PCB layout design including high-speed video and military EMC compliance
– Experience of firmware design (embedded C / Visual Basic / C# )
– Understanding of mechanical design factors
– Ability to gain compliance and approval (EMC and supporting electronic aspects environmental)
– Ability to work accurately to short timescales
– Excellent communication skills
– Proven ability to work flexibly in line with business needs
– A can-do attitude and willingness to be a team player
For more information, get in touch! Send CVs to Ellie or call the office
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…