Updated: Wed, Dec 27, 2017 11:06 AM
Finance and Business Operations Controller
We are looking for someone to operate at a senior level across all operational business areas, and lead the company forward commercially.
This role will suit someone who has operated at senior level with a SME or ran their own company in the past who is used to wearing many hats and being hands on with a number of business disciplines.
* Responsibility for the day to day management of all aspects of the business and financial/accounting management of the company.
* Responsibility for the administration team, including payroll, recruitment, worker liaison, general workforce management, farm auditing/compliance combined with Health and Safety.
* Responsibility for the administration of all staff; permanent and seasonal.
* Working with the management team on business growth and financial planning.
* Overall responsibility for the following internal departments within the group:-
o Human Resources, Recruitment, Worker Welfare, Payroll
o Health and Safety
o Audit Compliance
* Leading and managing the finance team and budget process.
* Overall cash management.
* Formulation of annual budget with management.
* Monitoring of budgeted figures versus actual & delivery of reporting method.
* Overall control of all financial transaction accountancy and audit matters.
* Presentation of annual accounts and treasury matters.
* Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statuary bodies are met.
* Preparation of monthly and annual accounts.
* Strong business acumen
* Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within Agriculture, Horticulture, Fresh Produce, or other high volume production sectors.
* Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges.
* Well developed personal and written communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills.
* A recognised qualification in accounting, ACA/ACCA qualified is desirable but not essential.
* Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate.
* Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional and operational boundaries.
* Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests.
* Good IT skills are essential and should include experience of Word and Excel.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…