Updated: Wed, May 02, 2018 2:30 PM
Salary depending on experience
We are working with a bespoke company based in the West Kent area who pride themselves on supplying high quality, unique products to consumers.
They are rapidly expanding and are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be from a commercial finance background and will be AAT qualified at a minimum.
Your key responsibilities will be:
– Responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of all transactions, including posting nominal ledger journals on Solar
– Daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of bank and other control accounts
– Weekly reviews of the nominal ledger to check for unusual or mis-posted entries
– Monitor bank accounts and manage direct debit and standing order information
– Issuing volume invoices in a timely manner
– Actively reducing debtor days (through operation of good credit control in line with the credit control process)
– Accurately maintaining the purchase ledger and organising payment runs for authorisation.
– Processing payroll, employee’s expenses, credit card expenses
– Managing the company’s pension scheme under guidance from the pension advisors
– Dealing with HMRC on PAYE and VAT matters
– Prepare VAT and other statutory returns including non-financial returns as required, ensuring that no commercial data is disclosed
– Liaise with the company’s bank, accountants and other external entities as required
Wider Management Responsibilities:
– Take the lead in improving and maintaining the budget setting process across the business with input from others, create the financial and non-financial budgets for the business
– Work with the senior team on tendering, and contract improvements as well as contributing to the thinking on new commercial opportunities
– Contribute to the growth of the business including; working with the senior team to develop short and longer term goals, resource planning, use of technology, marketing and actively recommending ways in which the business may be improved
(Relevant experience required, degree of authority held in posts to date)
– At least three year’s experience in a similar role within a similar sized operation
– Experience of supervising other accounts staff
– Experience of working as part of a senior team
– Experience of working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality
– Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
– Degree or equivalent (not essential)
– AAT (minimum essential qualification)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company who offer a wide range of benefits as well as great working conditions.
Your working hours will be Monday – Friday 9am-5.30pm with 1 hour lunch.
Please get in touch with myself Chloe Scott at KHR Recruitment Specialists for more information.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…