Updated: Fri, Jun 17, 2022 3:44 PM
Finance Manager (AAT)
Monday- Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
£35,000 – £45,000 + Bonus, parking, competitive pension, private healthcare, and holiday
KHR is currently recruiting for a leading specialist manufacturer based in the Tonbridge area; who at present has a rare opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager.
If you are fully qualified AAT accounts and finance professional looking to join a progressive and forward-thinking business then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The role of Finance Manager is a vital position within the business where you will take responsibility to record and maintain computer and manual accounting records to a standard required by the company, head office, and the financial auditors. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, the job holder is required to perform other accountancy or administration duties assigned by the General Manager from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Monitor the day-to-day accounting processes for the company, including but not limited to, invoicing, bank reconciliation, bank transactions (limited), post monthly accruals, and prepayments
– Maintain fixed asset register
– Purchase ledger processing, recording of all invoices, and reconciliation with goods received log
– Reconciliation of Creditors and foreign currencies
– Recording purchase payments for Payflow and on Sage200 and preparing the creditor’s payflow and dealing with any enquiries arising
– Deal with credit control enquiries from suppliers
– Sales ledger processing including sales invoicing and monitoring of credit limits
– To produce monthly and annual PL/BS statements for the company as required by head office
– Reporting to management, head office, and the group as required, including but not limited to, quarterly reports and analysis of results against budget
– Assist the GM with preparing the annual budget, half-year budget, capital budget
– Ensure the company is compliant with UK accounting law, IFRS, auditing policies and HMRC rules
– Coordinate and assist with the auditors at year-end, answering any related queries
– Ensure PAYE, NIC, pension, corporation tax, and VAT returns are completed on time, taking auditor’s advice where necessary
– Develop an understanding of accounting policies and ensure compliance to financial regulations
– Control of petty cash
– Completing Office of National Statistic reports
– Research methods to minimise financial risk to the company and identify areas for improvement
– Reporting to HMRC as required and ensuring any returns are completed on time
– Preparing month and quarter-end accounts and reporting to the GM and Head Office
– Answering the telephone and ensuring messages reach their intended destination, opening mail and dealing with other office administration tasks as required
– Assist Office Supervisor, sharing any accounting information as required
– To deal with all payroll enquiries such as providing details to payroll processor, check details from a payroll provider, etc. Post accurate journals to the nominal ledger
– To assist with HR work such as issuing approved contracts/letters/forms to new employees, setting up personnel files, type/print salary review letters for issuing by GM, accrue for holiday pay, dealing with sickness pay, pensions, P11d, etc
– Previous experience in a similar role
– AAT/ ACCA qualified
– Previous experience using SAGE
– Strong commercial outlook
– A good team player
– Previous managerial experience
For more information, and to be considered please apply today.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…