Updated: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 2:02 PM
Are you an experienced IT Support Engineer with excellent customer service skills? Are you looking for an exciting new job with a growing local business?
Our client, an IT and Telecoms company based in Tunbridge Wells, is looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their friendly and busy team on a permanent basis.
Benefits of this role include:
– Excellent and competitive salary
– Working from home 2-3 days on a rota basis
– Continuous training and professional development
You will be providing technical IT support to a range of clients from the first point of contact to incident resolution. Your clients will range from small, independent businesses to multinational PLCs so having excellent communication skills is a must.
Duties of the role include:
– Identify, diagnose, resolve and document technical IT problems and incidents reported by clients
– 1st and 2nd Line Support including incident resolution relating to software, hardware and networking.
– Configure and implement new computer systems on client premises/homes
– Responding to incidents on client premises/homes
– Incident Management and managing own workload
– Keeping customers informed and up to date on the progress of their incidents
– Working on a rotational basis for the service desk
– Recording incidents and service requests on company Service Management software
The nature of the work requires the successful candidate to have a driving licence and own transport. After probation, working from home may be permitted.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Evidence that they have sought further education/learning opportunities successfully
– An ITIL foundation would be great but not essential
– Relevant experience in an IT support role
– Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
– The ability to communicate complex technical solutions to users of varying IT literacy
– Understanding of IT Support applications and tools like Active Directory and Call logging systems
– Solid working knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems and Office packages
– Capability to troubleshoot and repair server, desktop, laptop, mobile device and other hardware
– Knowledge of virtual server and desktop environments and technologies
– Working knowledge of current networking technologies including Firewall technology
For more information, or to apply, send CVs to Ellie or call the office.