Updated: Mon, Mar 11, 2019 5:20 PM
Are you an IT professional with experience in Windows and Unix operating systems? Have you experience of managing and leading an IT team?
This exciting IT Team Leader position has arisen for a dynamic and forward-thinking Insurance company in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. As the IT Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing the IT operations team to ensure infrastructure availability.
This role would suit someone with plenty of Unix and Windows experience, a proven track record of managing people and with an ITIL foundation as a minimum.
IT Team Leader duties of the role include:
– Firmware, O/S’s and software versions are in a supported state.
– Making sure requests and incidents are responded to within agreed SLAs
– Ensuring cover for all tasks and maintaining an early morning, batch start, and out of hours support rota.
– Running weekly meetings and managing emergency changes
-Ensuring cyber security processes, procedures and monitoring are up to date
– Maintain a schedule of work for the team over a 3 month period
– Plan and deliver technical projects
– Monthly reporting of achievements and outstanding workload
– Ensuring the team follow ITIL practices
– Identify team skills and training needs
The IT Team Leader will develop an in-depth understanding of the companies IT infrastructure, maintain team morale and balance workloads.
The ideal candidate will have:
-Experience of working with Unix and Windows Operating systems
– Experience of managing people
– Experience in financial services is desirable but not essential
– A degree or equivalent in a relevant field
– ITIL foundation as a minimum
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Top negotiating skills
– Exceptional communication skills
If you are an IT Team Leader looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Send CVs to Ellie or call the office
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…