Updated: Tue, Jan 16, 2018 5:49 PM
Our clients are an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer focused industry. They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local and international sourcing with a focus on quality. They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
– Develop new suppliers and regions to help fulfil UK retail demands for perishable
– A product specialist that can both procure and sell fresh produce to other regions
– Liaison with overseas suppliers on volumes, prices, and agree supply programmes.
– Monitoring supply from growers daily.
– Liaison with the Sales manager and growers on supply vs customer requirements
– Managing overseas transport logistics for both imports and potential exports
– Running weekly accounting, preparing any claims and managing P/L of overseas supplier
accounts alongside Procurement Administration
– Liaison with accounts on invoices and claims
– Liaison with the business and suppliers on short medium and long term planning and
availability of product.
– UK Business development planning to be conducted in collaboration with the stone fruit
– Export business development to be conducted in collaboration with the Buying Director and
– Liaison with current and potential suppliers on prices and agreeing programmes for both
imports and potential exports.
– Preparing weekly supplier programmes tailored to customer demand
– Managing logistics and load plans ex source for all countries.
– Daily liaison with sales team and QC team on customer requirements in terms of volumes,
quality and varieties
– Monitoring programme vs actual on deliveries to highlight any shortages/over supply
– Preparation of supplier returns/invoicing incorporating any necessary claims, and
monitoring P/L of overseas supplier accounts
– Extensive experience working in a comparable role,
– Communicate in Spanish at a level which enables you to work with non-English
– Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions
to their challenges
– Ability to relate to key clients personnel in a professional and credible fashion
– Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
– Creativity/experience in new business development overseas
– Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and
– Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
– Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of
action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
– Good IT skills, experience of Prophet, MRP, Business objects
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…