Updated: Mon, Jan 07, 2019 10:25 AM
Production & NPI Engineer
£20,000 – £28,000/pa depending on experience
Herne Bay, Kent
Do you have at least 2 year’s experience within a Production Engineering or Manufacturing support role?
Are you qualified with a Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing with experience in the use of 3D CAD software?
If your answer is yes, then I would be keen to speak to you to discuss this opportunity further!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Engineer to join a leading manufacturer in East Kent.
Role Responsibilities include;
* Process Certification (ProCert) ensuring that all design critical characteristics are controlled and verified during the manufacturing process.
* Leading process risk analysis activities and implementing control actions as required.
* Provide root cause analysis of reoccurring issues and the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
* Establish and champion a culture of lean manufacturing that engages all staff and to identify improvement opportunities.
* Taking a lead role in the Design Review process such that design for manufacture process is incorporated into the product design process.
* Develop strong working relationships with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Vendors.
* Assist in the creation of manufacturing assembly system and test plans from detailed engineering specifications.
* Fostering strong working relationships with colleagues in associated departments.
* Monitoring and analysis of control charts to ensure processes are in control.
The successful candidate should have related experience with project management and a working knowledge of inter-department responsibility and functionality including but not limited to Sales, Product line Management, Design, Operations and Customer Care.
* At least 2 years’ experience within a Production Engineering or Manufacturing Support role.
* Professionally qualified with a Degree in an Engineering or Manufacturing discipline.
* Experience of working in a modern product development and manufacturing environment.
* Experience in the use of 3D CAD software.
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvements.
* Working knowledge of current ERP software desirable but not essential.
* Working knowledge of Quality Assurance, Configuration and Process Controls.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…