Updated: Mon, Jan 22, 2018 4:09 PM
Our client produces robust furniture, including chairs, sofas and tables, for use in environments where they are likely to be subject to demanding behaviours.
Customers include hospitals, day centres, mental health centres, educational establishments and prisons.
This position’s primary purpose is to support all functions of purchasing and material procurement and to assist the purchasing manager with material orders, stock take offs, and inventory control.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting the purchasing manager with placing orders
The role also requires the Purchasing Assistant to help maintain supply inventory levels and to negotiate deals with existing and new suppliers. (training will be given).
Key Result Areas
– Liaising with suppliers to source and negotiate the purchasing requirements of the business.
– Building good working relationships with suppliers and ensuring the best balance of quality, price and lead times.
– Expediting with suppliers on a regular basis.
– Maintaining minimum stock levels and ensuring deliveries are facilitated in a timely and efficient manner.
– Effective creation, administration and processing of Purchase Orders through to invoice payment.
– Liaising with all internal departments within the business on a daily/weekly basis to ensure effective stock coverage.
– Reviewing purchasing data on regular basis to provide effective purchasing plans – both short term and long term.
– Completion of all required administration and archiving of files as appropriate.
– Experience in purchasing
– Excel, Word and database management experience
– Excellent maths and organisational skills
– Reliable, punctual and efficient
– Eye for detail with enquiring mind
– Conscientious, proactive and self-motivated
– Good written and verbal communicator
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…