Updated: Thu, Jan 04, 2018 6:15 PM
My client is a large local employer who supplies fresh produce. This position will oversee all incoming raw materials, and ensure that they meet specifications for quality, condition, and food safety requirements. In this role, will also coordinate and manage inspections for the condition or quality claims.
This position requires the candidate to be able to work an evening shift which starts at 3.15 and finishes at Midnight.
– Responsible for inspecting and documenting all incoming fruit, vegetables, packaging materials, and ensure all product quality standards are adhered to.
– Perform routine quality and condition inspections on existing inventory to assist in first-in, first-out (FIFO) or worst-in, first-out (WIFO) stock rotation.
– Ensure all inbound carrier trailers and materials meet company quality and food safety standards.
– Communicate Quality Assurance issues, including defect levels and problem loads, to Sales, Production, and QA managers.
– Verify customer specifications, quality requirements for product orders, documentation submitted and approved vendors.
– Work closely with Production and Warehouse departments to ensure effective stock rotation to reduce shrinkage.
– Assist in data collection for experimental trial evaluations if necessary.
The ideal candidate will:
– In terms of experience, the client is open and will consider people with no experience but who have a good work ethic.
– Good written and verbal communication skills; Good mathematical skills.
– A basic knowledge of fresh produce to include identification, grades, packs, sizing, and quality standards preferred.
– A basic knowledge of produce warehousing, storage, and pallet configurations preferred.
– Able to adapt to changing work demands.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…