Updated: Tue, Nov 23, 2021 3:09 PM
RPG Analyst Programmer
£35,000 – £42,000pa + Benefits including free on-site parking, 31 days holiday, Nest pension
Monday to Friday 35 hours per week
KHR have partnered with an established, growing business that provide software to their clients within the import and export space; who have several opportunities for experienced RPG Analyst Programmers, with a can-do attitude, to join their IT Team.
Main Purpose of the RPG Analyst Programmer
The core business runs on IBM iSeries. The main purpose of the role is to enhance existing systems, bug fixing, and develop new systems in line with business requirements and to agreed timescales. Support Desk work is also required to support the existing client base.
The ideal candidate will meet all, or a majority of the the following:
– At least 3 years solid RPG programming experience with RPG400, RPGLE, Free Format RPG, CL, SQL, FTP and Microsoft Office products
– Experience of IBM operations including any knowledge of SFTP/SSH configuration would be useful
– Experience of transformation of IBM legacy systems to GUI based design would be highly desirable
– Any experience of the EDIFACT standard and B2B communications would prove beneficial
– Be able to demonstrate experience of the full development life cycle
– Be able to work effectively within a team and where necessary with minimal supervision
– To be able work to under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial
– The ability to troubleshoot and react quickly to queries, and to present clearly thought out solutions
– A ‘hit the ground running’ mentality is required, in a dynamic environment, and be able to multi-task and prioritise is key
– Be able to communicate with personnel at all levels of business
– Any prior HMRC / Import-Export knowledge would prove useful
The RPG Analyst Programmer will be offered the opportunity to work up to 2 days per week from home upon successful completion of the 3 month probationary period.
For more information, or to be considered for this opportunity please submit your CV for review; alternatively please contact Hannah Collis at KHR Recruitment.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…