Updated: Tue, Sep 12, 2017 5:13 PM
Our client based in Kent specialise in the supply of technologically advanced equipment to the leisure industry.
As market leaders in their sector, to strengthen their customer support functions, the opportunity has arisen for a Technical Services Engineer to assist their operations and customers world-wide.
Technical Services Engineer
* Providing first line technical support to customers across the entire product range.
* Providing telephone, email, remote connection and on-site support to their customer base, requiring world-wide travel, potentially at short notice, providing installation, inspection and sales support services.
* Coordinate, manage and prioritise customer support requests to ensure all are handled professionally and effectively, meeting customers’ requirements in-line with company procedures to completion.
* Assisting in production and development activities by identifying issues and suggesting corrective actions.
* Assist in compilation and updating of training and user manual support documentation.
The candidate must have:-
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to customers with clear spoken and written English.
* Good understanding of SQL databases, preferably with experience of using scripts and management tools, ideally with administration skills.
* Keen interest in and knowledge of PC hardware, networking infrastructures, and technologies.
* Basic hands-on mechanical and electronics understanding/troubleshooting skills.
* Prepared to travel world-wide for installations, support, training, and sales support, with flexibility regarding work hours.
* Full clean UK driving license and valid EU passport.
The ideal candidate will have:-
* 2+ years’ experience in a customer support or technical support role, preferably within a leisure or IT related industry.
* Documentation writing experience.
* Ability to speak multiple languages.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…