Updated: Mon, Jan 29, 2018 5:53 PM
Our clients are an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer focused industry. They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local sourcing with a focus on quality. They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Trials Officer (Agronomist) to join the organisation to cover Maternity leave for 12 months.. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of data and completion of R&D trials assessing fresh produce varieties and carrying out agronomic trials, in line with client requirements and always in a professional and efficient manner.
* Ensure compliance to all industry standards and company quality systems to maintain consistency in our services.
* Maintain client confidentiality at all times and follow the correct company and client protocols.
* Work with colleagues to generate data and ensure agreed internal and external deadlines are met.
* Suggest improvements to current operations so that the department can maximise profitability and efficiency.
* Mark out field trials at suitable sites on farms in compliance to the relevant standards.
* Correctly prepare, apply and handle chemicals for application, to ensure successful trials and the H&S of employees, clients and the public.
* Gather and accurately record trials data for presentation and reporting to clients to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
* To carry out efficient and safe sampling, assessing and harvesting of field trials.
* Work efficiently and accurately on pcs and tablets for recording and processing data.
* Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of field trials to ensure trial objectives are met and all growers are satisfied with the condition of their fields.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role. They will hold a qualification in a relevant agricultural/life science subject and hold a full UK Driving Licence.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd. Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market trends…