We are currently working with a leading UK based Insurance business who, due to ongoing growth, are seeking a Financial Accountant to join their team based in Kings Hill.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for supporting the wider team in Account Management and IT on new business opportunities, to understand the financial flows and information that is required to be able to process the business correctly. They will also support the processing team when that business comes in, to understand how it works and fits on the business systems. The Financial Accountant will also be involved in forecasting and undertaking financial reviews on product performance, as well as supporting various audit processes. This is a varied role which will facilitate working with a wide range of people within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
· Supporting both the processing and financial reporting teams to ensure business is processed appropriately and all financial reporting requirements are met.
· Understand the structure of contracts for reinsurance and any other 3rd party arrangements and work within the reporting team to ensure that they are reported correctly.
· Help to establish financial monitoring processes to support the leadership team in the regular analysis of product performance.
· Support the financial appraisal of development opportunities and the ongoing management of related financial arrangements such as profit share calculations.
· Work closely with the Account Management team during new business implementation to ensure client requirements are understood and interpreted correctly, then translated into workable business practices.
· Work with the leadership team to support the forecasting process.
· Work with the wider projection team to support completion of any regulatory returns or information requests, understanding requirements and interpreting these to ensure the correct information is provided.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of working in a financial role within the insurance industry would be advantageous.
· Degree level and hold, or making progress towards a recognised professional qualification.
· Experience working in financial or management accounting.
· Strong communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
· The ability to think and act strategically, but equally to operate tactically when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and growing business that can offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with a great work life balance.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…