IT Report & System Support (Graduate)
Salary: Great + Good Benefits package
Our client is an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer-focused industry. They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local sourcing with a focus on quality. They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
This role would be ideal for a graduate (or someone with similar experience) who is looking to start their career in systems. Full training on all the systems and tools used, including Prophet ERP, SQL, and Business Objects.
You will be good at interacting with people and helping them problem solve whilst handling complex concepts, synthesising new knowledge into deliverable products.
Your job will be split between two main areas. For half your time you will be working with users with reports, understanding their needs and developing solutions to meet their requirements. For the rest of your time, you will be working through their support desk, working with the Systems team to resolve user problems with business systems.
* Report definition, creation & implementation
* Responsible for the reporting environment & report development process
* Daily work on the support system to resolve outstanding queries
* Work within systems team to support and document existing and new workflows
* Advocate good BI design and usage within the business
* Actively moving users from data-heavy reports to aggregated dashboards
* Some data analysis work
* Active problem solving
* Minor IT (Office, Windows & mobile device) support
* End-user system support for supply base
* Phone cover one week-end in ten with ad-hoc evening support during the cover week. Small chance of having to attend site out of hours for emergencies.
We are looking for someone who is:
* Positive, outgoing & friendly personality
* Excellent communicator
* Highly numerate
* Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
* Logical & systematic
* Ability to interact with any level of staff with confidence & clarity
* Full, clean driving licence
* Ability to work alone, on own initiative or as part of a team as required
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time & priorities
* Willingness to work occasional unsocial hours
* Experience of database technologies beneficial – particularly SQL querying
* Report writing (PowerQuery in Excel as an example)
* Data analysis
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…