Updated: Wed, Aug 07, 2019 8:05 PM
Are you a Graduate looking for a career within IT Security?
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for a Junior Security Consultant to join the Technical Team and be part of one of the UK’s most experienced Cyber Security specialists.
As the Junior Security Consultant your primary objective will be to assist with the management of internal security and general IT support duties. You will also be required to respond to and manage level 3 client tickets through to resolution, under the support of a senior security consultant.
Junior Security Consultant Role Responsibilities
* To perform internal office IT support
* Respond to support tickets within your sphere of experience (L3 only)
* Be asked to cover support tickets in areas outside of your core area of experience, invoking vendor support where required
* Be required to undertake self-directed learning and development on strategic vendors at a detailed technical level such that you feel comfortable in performing installation, upgrades and changes at a professional services level.
* Work under broad direction, personally managing your day to day tasks according to urgency and priority
* Be required to support clients through remote, or on-site professional services delivery
* Be asked to support the organisation’s ISO27001 management processes
Qualifications and Requirements
* No specific vendor certifications are required, however evidence of the ability to study for and pass vendor certifications would be an advantage
* Evidence of recent self-study in security is expected
* Security+, CEH or other entry level security certification is an advantage
* A bachelor’s degree in a related subject is preferred
* Will hold a full UK driving licence and have access to own car.
* Must be willing to develop a broad knowledge of different technology areas within IT Security and will use their existing knowledge of IT to apply it to security
The role is office based in North West London. Office working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. There may be a need to support an on-call rota in the future, outside of working hours.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…