Are you a friendly and reliable person with a background in facilities management? Do you have an astute sense of Health and Safety, as well as up to date IT/Admin skills?
Our client is looking for a Facilities Assistant to support their facilities manager in the maintenance and repair of their site in Tunbridge Wells town centre. You will be monitoring the cleaning, maintenance, security and building services, making sure they are running smoothly and addressing any issues or service disruptions.
Duties of the Facilities Assistant include:
– Managing the day-to-day aspects of maintenance projects, involving decision making and problem solving, monitoring the work from start to finish and liaising with the Facilities Manager
– Managing contractors on site and making sure they comply with health and safety regulations.
– Helping with moves and office layout changes
– Management of office Health & safety
– Undertaking office risk assessments
– Delivering Health & safety, first aid, and Fire Safety training to staff and induction training for new staff
– Assisting with emergency evacuations; liaising with emergency services
– Maintaining scheduled work spreadsheets, completing H&S paperwork and managing the document archive
– Controlling the issue of key fobs and tracking where keys are held
– Monitor CCTV and fire alarms for the building
– Ordering office consumables, equipment and furniture
– Monitor the cleaning of all areas of building. Monitoring cleaning contractors
– Maintaining the car park allocated user list, issuing passes and permits
– Responsible for incoming and outgoing post operations
This role would suit someone with recent office experience, admin experience, and knowledge of facilities and buildings management. Health and Safety experience is desirable but not essential eg. RAMs/ workstation assessments, lone working experience.
The ideal Facilities Assistant will have:
– Office experience
– Experience of managing contractor / supplier relationships
– The ability to carry out manual handling duties
– Data Entry accuracy
– IT Proficiency
– Clear and confident communication skills
– The ability to prioritise tasks effectively
– Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours – night time, weekends etc
– Calm and Assertive personality
– Strong team player
– Full UK Driving Licence with access to a vehicle for occasional use
For more information, or to apply for the Facilities Assistant vacancy, send CVs to Ellie or call the office.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…