Role: Warehouse Manager
Our client, a leading manufacturing company, is looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join their rapidly growing team based in Maidstone.
Reporting to the Head of Retail and Logistics, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing a small team of warehouse operatives and ensuring smooth, safe and efficient running of all day-to-day warehouse operations.
You will be responsible for completing a wide range of duties, including but not limited to responsibility for picking, packing and dispatching all goods, maintaining the highest levels of stock integrity inclusive of food ingredients, ensuring the highest standard of health and safety within the warehouse, maintain continuous contact with production to ensure warehouse team is aware of any changes in upcoming orders and deputising for the Head of Retail and Logistics when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Have a high level of computer literacy, with previous experience of using complex inventory systems
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Possess a valid forklift vehicle certificate – counterbalance certificate and REACH truck certificate is essential to this role and have a firm understanding of weight distribution principles on racking storage
– Must have a background in food manufacturing and the storage and stock rotation of food ingredients
– Excellent team player, with proven ability to build positive working relationships across all levels
– It is essential that the successful candidate is able to maintain the highest level of trust and confidentiality
– Have excellent time management and organisational skills, being able to prioritise effectively
– Natural problem-solver, able to find fast solutions and rectify problems
– Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, deliver tight deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanour
– Creative and innovative
Your role will include:
– Oversee day-to-day warehouse operations taking full accountability and responsibility to provide a first-class service. This will include but is not limited to responsibility for goods in and manufactured goods; providing support to production; picking and packing orders; managing stock takes and product rotation; responsibility for shipping and exports; waste disposal; health and safety of the team and all visitors to the warehouse; building security and contractors.
– Manage and lead on first-in, first-out FIFO stock rotation for all goods and raw materials inclusive of food ingredients.
– Responsible for keeping warehouse compliant with our food-related standards providing daily checks and reporting on storage temperature checks, daily pest control records and weighing food ingredients as a part of the goods in process.
– Effective management of the warehouse team including conducting regular 1:1 meetings, managing their performance and providing motivation, support and training to ensure productivity targets are met and a high level of efficiency is achieved.
– Build strong relationships and develop effective communication style with internal
Interested? Apply now to get booked in for an interview…
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…